Crafts Council (UK)
The Living Mountain - Harry Morgan
Balancing Bird light - Umut Yamac
Close Up - Vezzini & Chen
- Location: London | United Kingdom
- Directors: Rosy Greenlees
Established in 1971, the Crafts Council's goal is to make the UK the best place to make, see, collect and learn about contemporary craft.
Their key values include
- Believing that craft plays a dynamic and vigorous role in the UK’s social, economic and cultural life.
- Believing that the strength of craft lies in its use of traditional and contemporary techniques, ideas and materials to make extraordinary new work.
- Believing that the future of craft lies in nurturing talent; children and young people must be able to learn about craft at school and have access to excellent teaching throughout their education.
For Design Days Dubai 2017, the Crafts Council presents exceptional work by eleven UK based makers.
The makers all demonstrate use of unusual techniques and materials, expert making and a unique approach. The result is a showcase of work that reflects the inventiveness and skill of contemporary craft makers in the UK today.
The following makers will be presented:
Anita Carnell Studio
Regina Heinz Ceramic Art
Stuart Akroyd Contemporary Glass
Vezzini & Chen